18.2.10

Poetry

I found a website w/ a top100 list of friendship poems...one of the ones that I rather liked was Piano by Lynn Smiley...
Piano
My soul is the piano, his words are the keys.
Together we compose, the best of symphonies.

How my soul replays his words of the day.
Like a composer writing a play.

I hear the music, as he strikes a key.
an orchestra, is what I see.

Two soul that share a common ground.
a friendship they have found.

What is a piano, without the player.
It's like a soul, without a desire.

It sits alone in the dark,
waiting for someone to light a spark.

A hope or a desire,
waiting for someone to inspire.

To play a song of the heart,
a song of two souls that will never depart. 

In this poem, Smiley is using a piano to symbolize the deep friendship that she has with her best friend. They go hand in hand and compliment one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment