4.11.09

The Soloist ... kinda


I'm used to being on my own
Ever since I could remember its been that way
Being the middle child, naturally I was left out
My little sister wanted to be like my older sister
And my older sister was too busy being rebellious to bother with me
At the time it sometimes made me sad because I was so young
And I just didn't understand this was common for many middle children
I moved around quite a bit growing up so I never really could attach myself to anything or anyone
Change is something inevitable in all our lives
I embrace it, others don't
I'm not afraid to venture out into the unknown alone
I think I've grown up to be a very solo-dolo, do-it-on-my-own type of person
Some people might think this is so "sad" but quite the contrary!
I think this is why I'm so adventurous, and outgoing
I think this is why I don't rely on anyone nor am dependent
Having to go through many changes such as moving and making new friends and doing things alone have made me this way
I have no trouble trying something new
I have no concerns if no one will agree to do something with me
My relationships haven't really suffered because of this
It's not like my sisters and I don't get along just because we were mean to each other growing up; we're like the best of friends now!
It's not like I have no friends because I've had to move around a lot; my true friends are still with me
The ones who are no longer in my life don't matter anymore
It's not like I'm anti-social; I love meeting new people all the time.
I think if I hadn't have been brought up to kind of fend for myself, I would be the opposite of what I just mentioned
I would have been a sheltered little girl who would've been afraid to do things alone, who would've been afraid to meet people outside of my circle, who would've relied too much on everyone around me
But you must know, that I'm not stubborn to ask for help all the time
I know when to turn to people for assistance and guidance
I'm not completely shut off on the idea of working with others and what not
So don't feel bad for me when you hear this
I'm a much better person because of it
I put a positive spin on everything

No comments:

Post a Comment