27.11.09

Tiesto Kaleidoscope Tour







Last weekend (11.21.09) to continue in celebrating my 22nd birthday I went with two of my best friends to watch the world's #1 Dj, Tiësto,  play at the Cow Palace in San Francisco, California. This had to be one of the highlights of the year for me. To think, I wasn't even planning on going!


I don't know if its just me, but when I'm going to turn another year older, I like to plan and make sure that my celebration is a memorable for myself and for all of my friends. I love seeing everyone I love and care about happy =) When I was planning out the sorts of things I wanted to do for my birthday week, I came across Ruby Skye, one of SF's best nightclubs. They are always up to date and keep one informed of all the upcoming dance events at their venue or at any large concert venue. Tiesto just so happened to be performing on my birthday week! I got all excited and then I remembered "oh yea....my friends don't like dance music" =( So i scratched that off on my potential to-do list.


So I kept planning and was only going to go bar-hopping, go to dinner, and go to a club in the city for the week. But!, one of my best friends hit me up and asked me about the Tiesto concert and if I was going. *cue the hallelujah music* I completely forgot that he was one of my only friends that dug dance music as well! I was so elated to hear that he wanted to go! So within minutes I purchased my ticket online. I was good to go!


The week before my birthday I was talking about how excited I was with my other friends and they seemed bummed that they couldn't come due to the low funds at the moment. Me being who I am, I offered to spot them. In my book, there's not rush on paying me back. I feel like my friends and I will eventually pay eachother back with all the countless number of times we've all spotted one another or treated someone out one day, just because. I love my friends. They're just kind and generous; how most people need to be in this world. Eventually only one agreed and her and I went this past saturday to watch Tiesto.


She never was a fan of dance music, but she is a fan of broadening her horizons and a lover of live music. When we first got there she kind of seemed uncomfortable with the scene. Once we got inside however, it was a completely different story!


There were so many things going on all at once! It was bananas! There were break dancers, older couples, young teenagers, young adults, ravers, non-ravers, vip persons, concession stands at every corner, people smoking and drinking, others were under the influence of ecstasy (i don't judge ;D) and et cetera. But despite the many differences in the crowd, we were all accepting of everyone. Dance concerts are unlike any other kind of concert I've been to. Its not about trying to get up to the front to take good pictures of the artist, or dj or groupd. Its just solely about the music and how it makes us feel.


I thought Tiesto was absolutely fabulous! #1 world dj, is a well-deserved title for him. Everything was flowing well, transitions were on point, the songs were all high energy, he kept the crowd dancing all night long. Not a moment did it feel like it was dragging. I don't know how else to put it, but Tiesto's Kaleidoscope Tour was SENSATIONAL!


When we were going home, my friend told me "I never really understood the whole dance scene, but now, I GET IT" She had a great time there, even if it was her first time hearing Tiesto's music. She is now a dance lover convert. We were in such a good mood that night, we were all very happy! There's just something about dance music that just allows one to get lost into a world and forget actualy reality for just a moment in time. Its kind of euphoric. I'm itching to go to another dance concert now. I think I will definitely be adding more dance into our lives.



I'm in a dance-only phase right now. Im seriously just listening to Radio 538 : Tiesto's Club Life podcast, Roger Sanchez's Release Yourself podcast, and Above & Beyond's Trance podcast.



I leave you with a video clip I shot at the concert. This is from Tiesto's latest album "Kaleidoscope". Its called Escape Me ft. CC Sheffield.







No comments:

Post a Comment