14.12.09

Quote of the Day

"Hatred is gained as much by good works as by evil. " -Niccolo Machiavelli

Today is a very chill day and I'm just reading over quotes. It helps me clear my mind or get a better sense of why things happen. I have to agree with what Machiavelli is trying to say here.

What he's basically saying is that you can be the nicest person in the world who is out there doing great things and you will still have just about the same amount of enemies or people that dislike you just as much as someone who only commits evil acts.

I feel like people put into their heads that they won't like a person even before really getting to know them. Sometimes its just pure jealousy/envy that makes one hate someone. They have what they want, or they're doing what they've always wanted to do.

I've just learned from experience not to bother with people like that. I'm not an absolutely wretched individual. I think I'm a good person. I mean, I mind my business, go to school, work, partake in some hobbies of mine, and just enjoy time with my family and friends. I don't think that just to hate me. I never wish evil on others. I let karma handle that.

Just be who you are and the people that really matter will be there to support you and love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment