18.12.09

Quote of the Day

What's terrible is to pretend that the second-rate is first-rate, that you don't need love when you do or that you like your work when you know quite well you're capable of better. 
 
Doris Lessing (1919 - ?) British Writer


YES! Someone who understands! There are too many people settling for what will do for now, rather than holding out on settling until they get what they are worthy of. I cannot permit myself to do that. No I'm not talking about little things like settling for Swiss cheese when they don't have muenster cheese or something like that! Life issues. I'll talk about amore'

On Love/Liking A Person: I can't fake a relationship. As soon as I realize I don't like a person or are not feeling it, then I won't go any further and lead a person on. I'll discontinue the hanging out process to avoid having them fall for me even more. I don't want to hurt their feelings. I have a conscience. I wouldn't  like anyone to do that to me, so why would I do that to someone else? Its just cruel. Unless I truly and utterly feel a deep connection with the individual, if I really am attracted to them then I will pursue it; but not without a little more investigating. I've had friends who would lead people on just to fulfill their needs of having someone to give them attention. They weren't their type to begin with, but they went ahead with it. It honestly hurts my heart to see that. I'd rather save the person some time and end it asap before they get anymore invested in me.

Don't go into relationships if you're not certain of it, if you are settling for the 2nd-rate.

1 comment: