15.12.09

Quote of the Day

I think this is something I'll try to do daily on this blog....
I'm gonna have more downtime after this week to focus on my hobbies =)

Today's quote of the day :
"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful."
Albert Schweitzer
(1875-1965) German theologian, philosopher, and physician.


I definitely learned this the hard way. I've just always had instilled in my head that I was going to be some successful rich girl once I finished at the state university.

I didn't really care about what I had to study to get there. When I first put in my applications for college I chose Nutritional Science as my major, just because I saw that my aunt was a Nutritional Science major and she earned a lot of money. Money was what I thought would bring me happiness.

So years went by and then I started going into my major core classes and a started doing poorly in those classes. I had no motivation to listen, to study...I was just a body in a classroom counting down when class would be over so I could go on with my day, wasting it away. My head was in another place; I was off in my own world, dreaming mostly.


This past year I had to really sit down and reevaluate my situation...Is college for me? Do I really want to study Nutritional Science? Do I really want to just work full-time already and now earn a degree? I thought about what it is that I wanted,day after day, after day. With the recession and everything I concluded I should stay in college and I wanted to stay in college. I notice I do things much better if its something that I love doing, something that I have a passion for.



My life dream is to travel the world and help other people. I'm very giving by nature as my friends & family can tell you. I'm also very outgoing and adventurous and I love to travel. I mean, even a little joy ride excites me! lol...So i figured I would be of better use to the world and bring about my own happiness if I were doing both things. So now i'm studying Global Studies and I'm so happy about it! =) So i'm definitely not one of those 4yrs straight of college and out into the work force kind of gal. Since i'm now starting this, i expect at least 2yrs more of schooling.


NI MODO!(Oh well/who cares) Its what I have a passion for, its something that makes me smile just thinking about it.


Do stay true to yourself. Do what you love doing. If you have a love for something you are more motivated to accomplish it, to perfect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment