29.10.09

Spotlight: Jimmie Reign


I can't believe I'm so uninformed with my fellow Bay Area folks. A few weeks ago I just barely learned about Jimmie Reign "The First Lady Of The Bay" by a fellow twitter friend. The first song I heard with her was with music artist Balance doing a cover of Drake's hit "Best I Ever Had"

Her voice is pure and angelic, yet so strong and controlled.

Jimmie Reign grew up in San Francisco Bay Area. She is the oldest of four girls. She learned how to sing through her father who was a preacher. When her parents divorced, things got complicated for her. "Things in my life changed so drastically," divulges the siren, "I was forced to grow up quickly because of new responsibilities. Consequently, I didn't really have a childhood and a lot of my songs reflect things that have happened during that time."


Because of the things that she's gone through in her life, she is among one of the most well liked singers in the Bay Area. She a realness to her and you can relate to her struggles in life. Jimmie's music covers topics such as relationships, being a single mother and much more. "When people see me, they don't expect me to sing about the topics I do or be as real as I am. They think I am a woman who has everything going for her but really it's not that easy. I have the same troubles with relationships that the next woman has, I have a family to take care of and I've got haters just like everyone else," Jimmie states. "The difference is that I am learning to put a positive spin on everything negative. I am learning to control my temper when negativity arises, and I am also learning that it's ok to be by myself- I don't need to be in a relationship in order to define who I am. I am finding that balance between being a grown woman and being "Daddy's Little Girl"

Jimmie has worked with many people on her music. She's worked with the likes of J. Valentine, E-40, The Team, Clyde Carson, Traxamillion, Brian Morgan, Terry Ellis, Paul Anthony, Lea, BedRock, Taj Mahal and much more.

I see many good things in her future. So be on the lookout for this Bay Area songstress.

Her music is available now on DatPiff.com. Her mixtape is titled "Go Girl"


Music Videos:
Make You Wait (Official Video) 


Different Person (Official Video) 


 

 Balance ft Jacka, Big Rich, & Jimmie Reign - Can't Go


YOUTUBE CHANNEL



The Jimmie Reign Buzz:
“Jimmie Reign is my best kept secret. She is one of my favorite singer/songwriters because she sings with so much passion and her lyrics are so heartfelt. I don’t know why she hasn’t been put on yet!”
          -Damon Eden, A&R, Atlantic Records "Jimmie Reign's 'Tryin' To Be Your Girl' delivers a fresh and sultry spin on the Camp Lo hit, "Luchini" that is certain to keep the club hoppin'!!!"
            -James Leach, Director of Writer/Publisher Relations, SESAC


“With her second single JIMMIE is set to REIGN as R&B’s next big "SUPERSTAR"
          -Tawala Sharp, Music Director, 100.3 The Beat L.A. “Jimmie Reign is a hot up & coming artist who has a sound unlike anything I’ve ever heard before! She definitely has the tools to go the distance! Love the voice and love the song!”
          -Box Kev, DJ, 106.1 KMEL “Jimmie Reign is a gifted singer/songwriter whose talent goes beyond music. She has a story to tell and it’s coming from the heart.” 
          -Marcel Anderson, A&R Coordinator, NFLUENCE RECORDS/TMG “Jimmie Reign is a hot , young talent that has always been ready for the majors. I think now is her time!”
      -Sean Kennedy, Founder, ILL TRENDZ RADIO PROMOTIONS “I really like Jimmie Reign’s ‘Tryin’ 2 Be Your Girl’ I think it could be a hit!”
          
    -Saeed Crumpler, Rap Retail Buyer, RASPUTINS RECORD STORE 


Sources Cited: http://www.soultracks.com/jimmie_reign

No comments:

Post a Comment