15.10.09

Movie Go-ers



Since I went out to the theaters recently, I started to pay attention to my surroundings and all of the people that attend. I find that its mostly high schoolers and young couples that go to theaters to catch a flick.Yesterday was a reminder of why I hate going to movie theaters.

First off, when its a new most sought after movie, you know its going to be a packed house. Sure enough, my friends and I had to watch the midnight showing because the showing that we had intended on going to was already sold out. Its annoying that now even at movie theaters you have to "pre-order" your tickets in order to be guaranteed a seat. Plain ridiculous. So we go to the doors where we were going to watch the movie and we were welcomed with a big line of people already in line waiting for the doors to open to get their seats. Great. I notice that when the line starts moving into the theather, everyone tries to cut in between others. That makes it more chaotic because sometimes you end up splitting up from whoever you came with, which in turn, delays you from finding a seat. By the time you both make in, its too late to sit around the middle area because everyone ran and took those seats. Good thing, this past trip to the theaters I didn't have to deal with that because we took a different route than the rest of the crowd. Skills.

When you finally make it to your seat, some people leave their things to go buy snacks. Leaving their items with one person of their group will guarantee no one will steal their seat. Its annoying when they come back with loads of junk food and they have to get past you because they chose to sit smack dab in the middle. I don't know if its just me, but i find the smell of all the junk food to be atrocious. And because everyone brings in various types of food, the smells somehow combine into something unnatural and not great for my senses.

Sometimes a person can be the unfortunate one in having to sit in front of someone that's always moving their feet around and hitting the back of their seats. I've had that problem before and I had to turn around and give her a dirty look for her to get the picture. ^_^ It felt good to put her in her place with the stink eye haha!

Since the majority of the movie-goers when I go tend to be young kids and teenagers, it is expected that childish behavior is to be seen. I find that they take pleasure in wasting money on junk food and not eating it. Instead, they choose to throw around popcorn and make a huge mess for the theater employees to clean up once the showing is over. I've caught a few boys before throwing popcorn directly at the people below them just for fun to get a reaction out of them.

Do you get those reminders on a movie screen before a movie starts to turn off your phone? Why is there always someone who doesn't listen?! The woman who sat next to me recently, walked in late, so I had to move myself from my comfortable position just so she could come seat near me; and she forgot to turn off her phone. Her ringtone went off and it was vibrating very loud. She had to be slow about it too >(. It took her forever to get it out of her pocket and then she stops to stare at the screen, tell her boyfriend who's calling, and then turn it off. All the while, the backlight was so bright and shining in my face! If it wasn't for my calm rational self, I would've yelled at her for interrupting me.

Oh yes! Can't forget about those loud mouths at the movies. I don't mind if you express your opinions or react during a scene in a movie. But that doesn't mean that the whole room has to hear you. "Don't do it!" "She's hella dumb for that one! I would've this...and I would've that...." Common statements yelled out at the movies. I can't even hear what the actors are even saying when everyone is yelling over them! Occasionally, they ruin the next scene for you too! They'll blurt out what will happen next, and sure enough it happens, and it just kills the surprise/suspense in the movie. The scaredy-cats are just as annoying too if not more. While I was watching Paranormal Activity this past week, almost all of the little girls were screaming when there was a strange noise during the scenes. I know I'm one of the few people that rarely get scared but its like come on, that scene was not scary at all even for a scaredy-cat! I wonder if maybe they do it on purpose as well, seeing that their young and love pushing other peoples buttons.

These are the reasons why i hate going to the movies. if i didn't have to deal with these kinds of people all the time, then maybe I would go more often. The average demographic of movie-goers turns me away from theaters. Perhaps they should put reminders before the movie to be courteous to others and shut your mouths, dont talk about whats going to happen, dont scream for every little thing, turn off your phones, dont kick seats in front of you and etc. I'm not saying all of these kids and persons are annoying and do these things, but majority do. There are exceptions, i know. So don't get all offended over what I say. Its just my opinion and I'm venting

No comments:

Post a Comment