24.10.09

Mae West


I really admire strong powerful women who just don't care what others think about them. It lets me know, its okay to not worry about impressing others. As long as you are doing & saying what you want, then everything is fine.

One of the most profound confident women ever to have graced this earth was Mae West. Mae West was one of the top actresses of her time in the 20's She was best known for always playing the dominating female leads. She was both dominating on film and in real life. She was a force to be reckoned with. Her thoughts were provacative and yet at the same time very honest. I admire her strength and openness about her sexuality and being a woman.

Here are some of my favorite quotes by her; Enjoy!

  • Don't marry a man to reform him -- that's what reform schools are for
  • Men? Sure, I've known lots of them. But I never found one I liked well enough to marry. Besides, I've always been busy with my work. Marriage is a career in itself and to make a success of it you've got to keep working at it. So until I can give the proper amount of time to marriage, I'll stay single
  • I like a man who's good, but not too good -- for the good die young, and I hate a dead one
  • I go for two kinds of men. The kind with muscles, and the kind without
  • Personally, I like two types of men - domestic and foreign
  • Men are my hobby. If I ever got married I'd have to give it up.
  • The score never interested me, only the game
  • I'm no angel, but I've spread my wings a bit
  • Look your best -- who said love is blind?
  • A man can be short and dumpy and getting bald but if he has fire, women will like him
  • Ten men waiting for me at the door? Send one of them home, I'm tired.
  • Every man I meet wants to protect me. I can't figure out what from
  • It's not the men in my life that count, it's the life in my men.
  • It's all right for a perfect stranger to kiss your hand as long as he's perfect.
  • Love thy neighbor -- and if he happens to be tall, debonair and devastating, it will be that much easier.
  • Good women are no fun. The only good woman I can recall in history was Betsy Ross. And all she ever made was a flag
  • You can do what you want, but saving love doesn't bring any interest.
  • Brains are an asset to the woman in love who's smart enough to hide 'em
  • Some women pick men to marry -- and others pick them to pieces
  • Cultivate your curves -- they may be dangerous but they won't be avoided.
  • Women with "pasts" interest men because men hope that history will repeat itself
  • The best way to behave is to misbehave
  • You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough
  • When I'm good, I'm very good. When I'm bad, I'm better
  • It's hard to be funny when you have to be clean
  • I'm a woman of very few words, but lots of action
  • It isn't what I do, but how I do it. It isn't what I say, but how I say it, and how I look when I do it and say it
  • When choosing between two evils, I always like to try the one I've never tried before
  • Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution yet
  • When women go wrong, men go right after them.
  • It is better to be looked over than overlooked
  • To err is human, but it feels divine
  • Sex is emotion in motion
  • Those who are easily shocked should be shocked more often
  • I never worry about diets. The only carrots that interest me are the number you get in a diamond
  • A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up
  • I never loved another person the way I loved myself

No comments:

Post a Comment